February 19, 2011

February 14, 2011

Today’s picture synopsis is actually more significant than the photo, so I encourage you to not just look at the picture, but to read on. Valentine’s Day is hands-down, without a doubt, my least favorite holiday. I have never been the girl who received a heart-felt gift from that “someone special.” As I’ve moved into adulthood my dislike for the holiday has grown even more. I think I am the poster child for SAD!!! (Singles Awareness Day, aka Valentine’s Day). Sadly, I can’t remember the last time I even received any kind of real Valentine gift. So, in light of all the “love” going around, today I decided to reread the book Crazy Love, by Francis Chan. Through the pages of the book I was reminded that I am loved and am “someone special” to the only one who really matters. God is crazy in love with me, and he doesn’t need hearts, chocolates, or cards to tell me that. Each and every day He shows me how much he loves me in the little things around me: a beautiful sunset, the joy my dogs bring me, a sister who makes me laugh, a starry night sky, the caterpillar crawling on the side of my house, the fat little quails waddling around the yard..... All these things are meant for me, for no other reason than because I am loved--I just have to take a moment to stop and realize what I have given.

No comments:

Post a Comment