September 15, 2015

Food.....

What would a vacation be, especially to Italy, if you didn't eat some really great food? I've decided for this post that I will just let the pictures speak for themselves.

You can't simply order 'water' in Italy, the question asked is water, with or without gas? I didn't understand the first time, but quickly learned to differentiate of plain water, or sparking mineral water. 
Eggplant Panini with fresh mozzarella and olives baked into the bread.
Deep fried stuffed olives
Tortellini alla furba--small stuffed pasta with a cream and ham sauce (and a smiley face for good measure I guess).
A small snack, burchetta with mozzarella and prosciutto

Chef's Special--Spaghetti, made with tomatoes (no tomato sauce), topped with ricotta cheese
One can't go to Italy and not have wine--this was my favorite, a nice sweet (moscato type) flavor
Carbonara
Don't know what it was called, had it on our day trip to Orvierto and Assissi--but it was really good.
Orange Spritz--an alcoholic drink common to Venice (made with prosecco wine, a dash of a bitter liquer, aperol, then topped off with sparking mineral water)
Coppa Rialto--a dessert in Venice that I had at a restaurant near the Rialto Bridge. It had a couple of small scoops of gelato in it, and lots of fresh fruit! Delicious!
Peach Bellini--Fantastic!!! I could drink these daily!
Tiramasu--the real deal

Best peach iced tea I've ever had--became my drink of choice anytime I could find it. (sadly it doesn't taste the same as the ones in the U.S.)
Prosciutto & Funghi (mushroom) pizza
Chicken sandwich--chicken is tenderized and then deep fried, topped with spices and tomato.
And you can't go wrong with some gelato--almost every day. :-)




And a few foods from Israel......
Shawarma--chicken, veggies, hummus

Falafel in a pita
Veggie stuffed pita with a tzatziki sauce
St. Peter's fish--caught daily in the Sea of Galilee

No comments:

Post a Comment